If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This creamy New York Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect way to end your Thanksgiving meal. Fall flavors of pumpkin spice, ginger, and maple mixed with a smooth and creamy pumpkin cheesecake filling will leave you wanting this dessert more than just once a year! —Julie | Sweet and Spicy Monkey
Makes 1 new york pumpkin cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake Crust & Filling
- 2 cups crumbed gingersnap cookies
- 7 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Maple Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple extract
- Lightly wipe 9" springform pan with coconut oil or spray with a non-stick baking spray. Wrap bottom and sides of springform pan with aluminum foil, about 5 to 6 times, layering foil pieces.
- Place gingersnaps into your food processor or blender and pulse on High until cookies are small crumbs.
- Add coconut sugar, salt, and melted butter. Process until mixed together. Spoon into your prepared springform pan and press crumbs flat using your hands.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Using a stand mixer with beater attachment, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Add in sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, mixing until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the sides down during mixing to incorporate all ingredients.
- Adding one egg at a time, beat in eggs and egg yolks. Sprinkle flour into mixture, beating until smooth. Mix in heavy cream.
- Pour filling into prepared springform pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Place large roasting pan onto oven rack, put cheesecake in middle of pan. Slowly pour water into pan until its about half way up sides of springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes
- Turn oven off, leaving cheesecake in, and let cool inside oven with door shut for another 55 minutes. Your cheesecake top should be wiggly like Jell-O.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Gently run a sharp knife along the edges of the cake and pan to help loosen. Continue cooling for another 15 minutes.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
- After cheesecake has cooled, spoon maple whipped cream over the top. A cake frosting knife is best for this to help even the whipped cream. Remove springform pan from the sides. Decorate with gingersnap cookies and serve.
- To Prepare Maple Whipped Cream: Add heavy cream, maple extract, and powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using a stand mixer with whip attachment or a hand mixer, whip together until whipped cream makes a point when the beater is lifted out of the mixture. If you like thicker whipped cream, whip a little longer to desired thickness.