Author Notes: Perfect bites of ham, Swiss, and chicken dipped in a sour cream mustard dip. Wonderful for parties and so much simpler than traditional Cordon Bleu!
More info and pictures can be found at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/11/27/chicken-cordon-bleu-meatballs/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
pounds ground chicken
ounces grated Swiss cheese
ounces ham, diced, any kind you like
teaspoon EACH onion powder, garlic powder, salt
Mustard Sour Cream
tablespoons mustard, the grainiest/fanciest you have
- For the meatballs, preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet with a baking rack inside for cooking. Add the ham, egg, breadcrumbs, and spices to a food processor. Blend together to form a paste, the ham should be ground similar to the chicken.
- Add the ham mixture to a large bowl with the chicken and cheese. Mix with your hands to distribute the ham into the chicken, then form into 35-40 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the meatballs on the baking rack inside the baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 22-25 minutes at 400F.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine the ingredients for the mustard sauce in a bowl. Taste, and add more salt or mustard to your preference.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and let cool for a minute or two, then serve with the sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- Note: These can be made in advance, baked, then kept in the fridge for a few days. Bake again at 300F until the cheese is gooey, and serve with the dipping sauce.