If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect bites of ham, Swiss, and chicken dipped in a sour cream mustard dip. Wonderful for parties and so much simpler than traditional Cordon Bleu!
More info and pictures can be found at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/11/27/chicken-cordon-bleu-meatballs/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 6 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces ham, diced, any kind you like
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon EACH onion powder, garlic powder, salt
Mustard Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons mustard, the grainiest/fanciest you have
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the meatballs, preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet with a baking rack inside for cooking. Add the ham, egg, breadcrumbs, and spices to a food processor. Blend together to form a paste, the ham should be ground similar to the chicken.
- Add the ham mixture to a large bowl with the chicken and cheese. Mix with your hands to distribute the ham into the chicken, then form into 35-40 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the meatballs on the baking rack inside the baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 22-25 minutes at 400F.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine the ingredients for the mustard sauce in a bowl. Taste, and add more salt or mustard to your preference.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and let cool for a minute or two, then serve with the sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- Note: These can be made in advance, baked, then kept in the fridge for a few days. Bake again at 300F until the cheese is gooey, and serve with the dipping sauce.