If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As the name suggests, an aromatic preparation of Cauliflower with minty and sour attributes. I like to serve this as a vegetable side if I am making say pasta or roast chicken for main course. —Dhana
- 1 bunch mint leaves, cleaned and chopped.
- 1-2 green chillies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pod aniseed (smashed) / 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets. I personally like to slice the florets since they are easier to fry and consume less oil.
- 1/2 onion, sliced.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt and sugar, each.
- Put florets in deep container and sprinkle turmeric and salt over the florets. Play "shake it baby" with the container so that the florets are evenly coated. Heat oil to medium heat in a shallow pan and shallow fry the florets in batches until golden brown. Each batch will take you about 5-7 minutes. The goal is to almost cook the florets- meaning you should be able to bite into the fried florets without feeling you are biting plastic. you could deep fry these, but this is the healthier version.
- Grind in a blender, all ingredients of the spice paste with 1/4 cup water to a very fine paste. Do not try to taste/ smell the green monster in its raw form, no matter how aromatic and inviting. You.will.regret.your.tongue.on.fire.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add cracked cumin, coriander. Add the onions and let them work out and sweat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spice paste, let cook for 2 minutes. The green monster may turn brown but that is okay.
- Reduce heat to low and add beaten yogurt, fried florets, salt and sugar.
- Cook till florets are soft, it should not take more than 5 -7 minutes. If you think that the florets are too raw to eat, add 1/4 cup water and cook covered for additional 5 minutes.