cup all-purpose flour
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
pound thinly shaved country ham
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk the milk, water, and 2 eggs to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, along with the melted butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- While you're cooking the crepes, cook the remaining eggs to your liking. I think sunny side up works best here.
- When you're ready to assemble, return a crepe to the pan over low heat, and top with cheese and sliced country ham. Allow the cheese to melt before folding in the edges to make a square. Pop an egg in the middle of each crepe and you're done! Repeat the step for all of the crepes and you should have 8 when you're finished.
More Great Recipes: