If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple bite can be enhanced by rubbing the the crostini lightly with a clove of raw garlic before adding ricotta, or skipping the garlic clove and drizzling some honey as garnish instead. —Food52
Makes about 30 crostini
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Whisk the ricotta, heavy cream, and zest if using in a mixing bowl until combined. Add in the ¼ teaspoon of salt and a few cranks of black pepper. Taste the ricotta and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lay the baguette slices out on a sheet pan and drizzle each with a little olive oil. Toast until they are golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Top each toasted baguette slice with the ricotta mixture. Drizzle more olive oil over the top of each slice and season with black pepper and flaky sea salt.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!