If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chef Nir Elkayam, Executive Chef, The Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
The Orange Vegetable Soup is one of the many soup offerings at the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel’s Soup Festival. The rich, all you-can-eat soup buffet, runs from November through April at the hotel’s Sophia Café.
The Inbal Jerusalem Hotel is an award-winning, deluxe hotel situated in the heart of Jerusalem overlooking the Old City walls, and minutes away from all the major cultural and historical sites. With its Jerusalem stone exterior, the 283-room hotel is known for its intimate authentic Jerusalem character and impeccable world-class service. The hotel was recently awarded the 2016 TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence award. Previously the property was voted the most luxurious hotel in the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards, as well as the best hotel in Israel and fourth best hotel in the entire Middle East by readers of the influential Condé Nast Traveler magazine. For more information, please visit www.inbalhotel.com
—Chef Nir Elkayam
- 2 Large Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Pumpkin cut into cubes
- 2 Large sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 3 Large carrots cut into cubes
- Black Pepper
- 3 Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Water as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion.
- Cook until golden brown and add the garlic.
- Add the thyme and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the vegetables and water.
- Then add water to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Season lightly and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Season to taste.