Author Notes: Shortbread crust with sweet jam filling, topped with an almond shortbread topping. Easy and delicious! —BerryBaby
Makes: one 9 x 13 pan
cup Butter, I use salted but unsalted works
cup Granulated white sugar
cups All purpose white flour
teaspoon Vanilla extract
cup Toasted chopped Almonds*
Crust dough (raw)
cup Your favorite jam
In This Recipe
- Oven 325 degrees. All ingredients room temperature. 9 x 13 baking dish
- Cream butter, sugar, until well blended, add egg and vanilla beat until blended.
- Add flour, mix to smooth consistency. Do not over mix.
- Remove half the batter for topping, set aside.
- Press batter evenly into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. To keep dough from sticking to your hands while pressing into pan, lightly flour hands as needed.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust looks set.
- Remove from oven, let it rest for 10 minutes. Using an offset spatula, spread jam over base leaving a half inch border.
- Mix nuts with remainder of batter. Top with teaspoon globs of dough all over jam topping (see photo)
- Bake 35 minutes or a couple minutes longer, until top is slightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars. These freeze very well.
- Adapted from various recipes posted on the Internet.