If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shortbread crust with sweet jam filling, topped with an almond shortbread topping. Easy and delicious! —BerryBaby
Makes: one 9 x 13 pan
cup Butter, I use salted but unsalted works
cup Granulated white sugar
cups All purpose white flour
teaspoon Vanilla extract
cup Toasted chopped Almonds*
Crust dough (raw)
cup Your favorite jam
- Oven 325 degrees. All ingredients room temperature. 9 x 13 baking dish
- Cream butter, sugar, until well blended, add egg and vanilla beat until blended.
- Add flour, mix to smooth consistency. Do not over mix.
- Remove half the batter for topping, set aside.
- Press batter evenly into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. To keep dough from sticking to your hands while pressing into pan, lightly flour hands as needed.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust looks set.
- Remove from oven, let it rest for 10 minutes. Using an offset spatula, spread jam over base leaving a half inch border.
- Mix nuts with remainder of batter. Top with teaspoon globs of dough all over jam topping (see photo)
- Bake 35 minutes or a couple minutes longer, until top is slightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars. These freeze very well.
- Adapted from various recipes posted on the Internet.