If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Credit: Jimmy Dean® —Staff Writer
- 1 packet Jimmy Dean® Regular or Hot Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 2-3 pinches Garnishes to decorate sausage: assorted shredded cheeses such as cheddar and mozzarella, chopped green onions, chopped tomato, red and green bell pepper strips, fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, parsley, etc.
- 2 Holiday Cookie Cutters (for best results use metal) such as star, holiday trees, etc.
- Remove sausage from roll and flatten onto a large sheet of parchment or plastic wrap. Top sausage with second piece of parchment paper. Roll sausage evenly to about ¼-inch thickness. Place on a large baking pan and cover. Freeze for about 1 hour until firm but not a hard freeze.
- Remove sausage from freezer and cut sausage with cookie cutters into fun holiday shapes.
- Cook sausage shapes in a large skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until a minimum temperature of 160˚F is reached. Decorate with garnishes to serve, if desired.