Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —dee
garlic cloves, peeled
tablespoons italian seasoning
cups broccoli florets
grams brown rice penne
cups cauliflower florets
cups cheddar cheese, grated
cups shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven on to 425ºF and lightly oil a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Boil a medium pot of water (with a steamer lid) and steam cauliflower florets with 4 cloves of garlic.
- Once cauliflower is well cooked (a knife inserted in cauliflower should slip easily) about 5-8 minutes, transfer 1/2 the cauliflower to a blender along with steamed garlic cloves. Add half the grated cheddar to blender and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Blend well.
- Meanwhile, use remaining boiling water to cook penne (about 10 minutes). Steam broccoli over the boiling pot.
- Remove steamed broccoli and rinse with cold water to blanch. Strained penne in a separate colander.
- In the oiled baking dish, mix in penne, broccoli and cheese sauce until everything is well coated. Sprinkle remaining cheddar and parmesan evenly across the top.
- Bake dish in oven until cooked and cheese is golden (about 35 minutes). Remove from heat and let sit to cool. Serve and enjoy.