If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —dee
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 cups onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, rinsed & roughly chopped
- 1 cup jalapeno cheese, shredded
- 10 corn toritillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until caramelize (5-10 minutes). Add red pepper and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes). Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix taco seasoning with ground beef until well coated. In the same skillet, heat ground beef over medium-high until cooked through (about 10 minutes or until there is no pink). Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Put it all together: Plate corn tortilla shells. Cover with half a handful of lettuce. Spoon over cooked beef, red pepper and onion mixture, and top with cheese. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.