If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nutritious take on a family favorite, the whole wheat pasta and roasted vegetables add hearty fiber, and Grana Padano is lower in fat and higher in protein than other similar cheeses, so it makes healthful and delicious crust. —Gather with Grana
- 1 bunch broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into 1/8 inch thick half moons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper (divided)
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint ricotta
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 24 ounces tomato sauce of choice
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked until just al dente, per package instructions
- 3 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup Grana Padano cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and onions in about 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in oven, turning halfway through, until deep golden brown, about 25 mins.
- Meanwhile sautée mushrooms in remaining oil, salt and pepper until golden brown. Set aside.
- When vegetables are cooked, lower heat to 350 degrees and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg and parsley, and set aside.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add a generous layer of tomato sauce. Top with a single layer of noodles. Spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over noodles. Add half of the roasted vegetables and mushrooms. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/3 cup of Grana Padano. Repeat, adding another layer of tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta, remaining vegetables and 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/3 cup of Grana Padano.
- Add a final layer of tomato sauce and remaining cheeses,
- Bake uncovered until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.