If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These sumac roasted carrots with tahini sauce are the perfect side dish. The lemony sumac dusting on the carrots, the crunch of the pomegranate seeds and pistachios, all pairs beautifully with the creamy tahini sauce. —Sara Goldstein
- 1 bunch Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sumac
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini Paste
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 cup Chopped Postachios
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Trim the tops of the carrots, leaving some at the top for aesthetics. Peel and wash carrots very well.
- Toss the olive oil and sumac with the carrots.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, salt, and water until smooth and creamy. Mix in the minced garlic. Stir and adjust lemon juice and salt to taste.
- When the carrots are ready, remove them from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle tahini sauce over them and garnish with pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and parsley.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
More Great Recipes: