If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy Twist on a Peruvian staple Meat and Potatoes Dish. Paired with fresh and bright chimichurri, the combination of seared flank or skirt steak and aromatics, and freshly fried sweet potato fries, will leave you satisfied, and happy about your healthier choices in the kitchen. —Jona Won
Serves 4-6 people
- 1.5 pounds Skirt steak/flank steak
- 2-3 cups Sweet Potato (hand cut)
- 1 cup White Onion
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Aji Amarillo Paste
- 2 splashes Soy Sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider/White Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Prepare your sweet potatoes by cutting them into 1/4 inch french fries and soaking in cold water for at least 20 min. Bake them in an oven on a cookie sheet tray for 45 min @ 375 degrees F. Set Aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the sliced meat with salt and pepper to taste. Fry the meat until just cooked, and the juices begin to release. Remove the meat from the frying pan, then cook the onions, with additional oil if needed, until they are transparent. Stir in the tomato and aji amarillo; cook until the tomato softens. Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce, add the French fries, cover, and cook until the beef is done, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.