If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The breakfast item we all wish for. Well, our dreams have come true... in cookie-form. —Hungry Haley
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Begin by combining the dry ingredients in a large bowl - whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, egg, almond butter, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla extract. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a waffle iron and grease with oil or butter. Depending on the size of the waffle iron, pour about 1/4-1/3 cup of the batter onto the iron and close. Cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Remove and cool slightly.
- Serve with more maple syrup and any additional toppings. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to two months.