If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade protein bars are an easy, less-expensive alternative to store-bought ones, and these are even better because they taste nothing like a typical "protein bar". —Hungry Haley
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4-1/3 cups protein powder (vanilla or unflavored is best)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Stir together the sunflower seed butter, protein powder, maple syrup, and spices until combined. Gently fold in the carrots and dates.
- Press into a small rectangular dish (whatever you have on hand probably works), freeze until firm, and slice when ready to eat.
- Store in the freezer for a few months.