If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This colorful and refreshing salad can be served as a side dish or a relish, adding to the beauty as well as to the nutrition of your meal. Beets have a special health benefit as they are a great blood tonic and blood builder. —Larisa Litvin
- 2 cups Beets - boiled until just soft, cooled, peeled, & grated
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 4 Curry Leaves, fresh or dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the ghee in a small skillet over medium heat and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida. Stir until the seeds pop, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric, and cilantro. Mix and take the skillet off the heat.
- Stir the beets and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Add the cooled spices to the beet & yogurt mixture.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Mix and serve.