If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Velvety smooth and with a hint of heat, this beautiful bright-yellow soup is delicious, healthy, and super easy to make! Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A and ginger, cinnamon and peppercorns are good for circulation and digestion.
There is a variation to this soup which I like a lot. Substitute some of the carrots with sweet potatoes and beets. Ratio of 40% carrots, 40% sweet potatoes, and 20% beets works well, but don’t be too concerned about the math and experiment according to your own tastes. —Larisa Litvin
- 2 tablespoons Ghee (or Coconut Oil for a vegan version)
- 2 cups Onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, chopped
- 7 cups Carrots, chopped
- 6 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt or to taste
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Whole Peppercorns
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped
- Heat the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and carrots and sauté frequently stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, salt, cinnamon stick, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and some or most of peppercorns, according to your taste.
- In a blender puree until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and, if needed, reheat it over medium heat until hot.
- Serve with fresh parsley leaves.