If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, rich chocolate cake with a creamy, lightly sweet frosting. —Hungry Haley
Serves 1 2-layered cake
For the cake
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
For the frosting
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or any yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a two small cake pans with oil or butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the wet ingredients using a hand-mixer and slowly pour into the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and remove any lumps of flour.
- Pour batter into cake pans evenly and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Slice and serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.