If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan, paleo, and no-bake treat made with whole-food ingredients (that tastes, like, actually good). —Hungry Haley
For the crust
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 1-2 hours
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 cup sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 1-2 hours
- 2/3 cup cashews, soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt, for garnish
- Begin making the crust by pulsing the almonds, pecans, and sea salt in a food processor. Drain the dates and add to the food processor with the nut/seed butter of choice and pulse until nuts and dates are finely chopped - you don't want any big chunks.
- Press the crust into a pie pan, filling the area of bottom first and then lining the sides as much as possible in an even layer. Refrigerate.
- Prepare the filling by draining the dates and cashews and tossing them into the food processor with the sweet potato and coconut milk. Pulse until smooth - now you really don't want any chunks. Add the vanilla and spices and pulse again to combine.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and use a spatula or knife to smooth. Sprinkle with sea salt and crushed pecan pieces.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours before slicing. Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.