If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Palak paneer recipe, an Indian curry with soft cubes of cheese simmered in a mildly spiced spinach gravy. All of the spinach benefits in an easy to make and absolutely delicious Indian curry. —dontask4salt
- 250 grams Spinach
- 220 grams Paneer
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 Inch ginger minced
- 20 milliliters Fresh Cream
- Rapeseed oil
- Bring a saucepan with water to boil and blanch the spinach for 1 minute, drain and cool down in ice water. This will keep the bright green colour on the spinach.
- Heat up 1tbsp of oil in a pan, when hot add the cumin seeds they should sizzle immediately, add the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies, cook on medium flame until onion gets golden brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft, turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Blend this mixture together with the blanched spinach, you can add a touch of water if required to get a thick and smooth paste.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the turmeric, red chilli powder, cumin and coriander and fry for some seconds until spices release their aroma, add the spinach paste cook for 2 minutes on medium-high flame, then add water and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the paneer to the gravy, mix well to coat the cheese cook for 5 minutes, then add the garam masala and the fresh cream, stir and cook on low flame for 2 minutes, then garnish it with chilli flakes and serve with hot naan or roti.