If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is NOT you're mama's meatloaf! After many months of tummy troubles, I've gone through an elimination diet to identify digestive issue triggers. In addition to my sensitivity to some FODMAP foods, I've also adapted some of my eating to the "Whole30" rules: No added sugar. So I've altered this turkey meatloaf recipe from Liz Vaccariello's "21 Day Tummy Diet" to also make it Whole30 compliant. Yes, the ingredients are weird, but they work and they don't give me tummy troubles! This is naturally gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP. —global guppie
- 3 Kiwis
- 1.25 pounds Ground turkey
- 1 Diced poblano pepper
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure almond butter
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Halve the kiwis and remove the center core with most seeds. It's okay to leave some seeds. Process in a mini food processor until smooth.
- Warm almond butter in the microwave until it is smooth (about 10 second increments) and whisk it with the eggs. Make sure the butter isn't too hot that it will cook the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, pepper, almond butter and egg mixture, flax seed, chia, salt, and black pepper to taste. Mound into the loaf pan and spread the kiwi on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through - about 165 degrees F. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
More Great Recipes: