If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my egg favorite cakes. This is a meringue based cake with almond flour ( or you can use any nut flour) and a little cake flour. I use this as a base for many cakes, but it is just as good on its own! —Jason Licker
grams Egg Whites (room temperature)
grams Almond Flour
grams Cake Flour
grams Shredded Coconut
- In a stand mixer, on medium, whip the egg whites until they are frothy.
- Steady add the 250 grams of sugar. After you have added the sugar, place the stand mixer on high speed until the mixture is triple in volume and has formed stiff peaks.
- Take about a third of the mixture and mix it with the dry ingredients to form a paste. Fold in the remaining meringue in two increments.
- Spread the dacquoise on a half silicon mat and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
- Bake the cake at 325F until it is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled, place it in the freezer. When frozen, remove the silicon mat and cut and shape or use for any application you like!