If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite things about living in California is the abundance of avocados. Growing up in my hometown in Michigan, avocados were a rarity. Now, I feel spoiled with them! When I have a craving for avocado, I head over to my friend Sarah’s backyard to raid her avocado tree that boasts thousands of the fruit each year. It’s amazing. This recipe is a simple upgrade to your standard avocado toast. The crisp of the kale and the richness of the avocado create a delightfully filling, healthy meal.
Featured in: 3 Simple (and Colorful) Spruce-Ups for Plain Old Toast, —Kara Elise
Makes 1 slice
large slice good bread, I’m using a seedy grain bread from a local baker
cup chopped kale
tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt + pepper
Seasoning of your choice
- Begin by crisping your kale. This can be done in a cast iron skillet on high heat with a bit of olive oil and salt. Sauté the kale until it begins to brown. Alternatively, you can crisp the kale in the oven at 450 ̊F for 12-15 minutes with olive oil and salt.
- Whisk your tahini with a dash of sea salt and 1-2 teaspoons water until it becomes a drizzling consistency.
- Next, toast your bread. Pile your toast high with crispy kale. Remove the pit from your avocado, slice thinly, remove with a spoon, and place on top of the kale. Drizzle the toast with your tahini sauce and top with extra seasoning, sea salt, and pepper!
- TIP: You can also crisp your kale in a toaster oven! Spritz your kale leaves with a few sprays of olive or coconut oil and toast for 6-8 minutes, or until golden.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!