If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Home-style crock-pot chili is quick, easy and healthy. Made with lean ground beef and turkey. It is loaded with yummy vegetables, plus my secret ingredient. —Laurie Brooks
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 cups tomato Sauce
- 1 can brown beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 19 ounces canned red kidney beans
- 2 1/2 cups white kidney beans
- 3 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped red hot chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In skillet. add ground turkey, lean ground beef and cook on medium until almost cooked through. Drain all the fat out. Set aside
- Add onions, and saute until meat has browned and onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce into the crock-pot.
- Add red and green diced peppers.
- Add all the beans, (red,white and brown)
- Add spices, and stir all together.
- Add cooked meat & onion mixture.
- Mix all together. Turn crock-pot on high for 4 hours or low for 6. Check flavors every once in awhile. You can add more spices to taste as you go. It is better to start with a small amount and add to the chili, because you can't remove it if you have too much