If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have shaped this recipe over the years of living on my own. It started with sliced vegetables, until one day I was just not up to the task of slicing them, so I just roughly chopped them, mixed with a can of tomatoes and put them in the oven... good choice after all
Enjoy with some fresh garlic bread, or as a side dish, main dish, with mashed potatoes...etc —jwu
- 1 aubergine, diced 2x2cm
- 1 courgette, diced 2x2cm
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (of your preference), diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (canned will do)
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated on microplane
- 1 bayleaf
- a handful of thyme sprigs
- 0.5 teaspoons saffron threads, crushed and soaked in 3tbsp hot water
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 190 dec Celcius
- Prepare the vegetables by dicing and placing them in a roasting pan. Season generously with salt, pepper and the grated garlic.
- Drizzle enough olive oil to coat, add bayleaf and the sprigs of thyme. Mix with the hands until well distributed.
- Combine the saffron and soaking water with the chopped tomatoes.
- Pour the tomato-saffron mixture over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Place in the preheated oven at 190 degrees C until bubbly and all the vegetables are cooked through. 35-45min.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe