If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During a recent snowstorm, my talented Daughter-In-Law, came up with this warming Tortilla Soup to take the chill away. With ruddy cheeks and cold hands from building a snowman, the Grand Kids dug into it with gusto. I will always associate this soup with this heartwarming memory whenever I make it. It is easy to assemble and requires very little hands on time. —lakelurelady
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, large dice
- 1 Poblano Pepper, large dice
- 1 Cubanelle Pepper, large dice
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese (reduced fat)
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Corn Tortillas, julienned
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add peppers, season again with salt and pepper and sauté for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, coriander and cumin and sauté until fragrant. Add green chilies, diced tomatoes, black beans and cook mixture until some of the liquid evaporates (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium low and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted. Add chicken broth and half & half and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla strips, cilantro and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe