Author Notes: Traditional South Indian recipe —pauljoseph
Ghee : 3 tsp
Semiya( Vermicelli) : ½ cup
Milk : 3 cup
Sugar : ½ cup
Raisinn : few
Broken raw Cashew : few
Cardamom : 2 nos
- In a pan heat 2 tsp of ghee and fry the Vermicelli lightly browned . Set aside.
- In a separate pan bring the milk and 1 cup water to boil. Add the fried pasta and continue boiling for 5 min. Add the sugar and simmer, stirring frequency to prevent the semiya from sticking to the bottom ( 20 to 25 min ) the mixture is done when it reach the consistency of heavy cream.
- Fry the raisin and cashew nuts in the remaining 2 tsp ghee until lightly browned. Add these and the cardamom to the milk , stir and remove from the heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert