If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bearing the name of the legendary football family, Dan Rooney’s Sports Pub is synonymous with football, and knows how to feed hungry football fans. With more than 1.3-billion chicken wings typically consumed across America the Sunday of the "Big Game," Empire City Casino in Yonkers, New York is sharing its fan-favorite garlic rub chicken wing recipe, perfect for the home chef or cooking connoisseur. Served at the casino’s gridiron hangout Dan Rooney’s Sports Bar, the garlic rub features a tantalizing combination of spices, including dark chili powder, paprika, cumin and, of course, garlic. Paired with an ice cold beer, these wings are the perfect addition to any Big Game gourmet table. —Diego Isio
- 7 wing joints and flats
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon grounded cayenne pepper
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the spices (reserving 1 tbs of garlic powder for post-cooking seasoning) and toss with the wings to coat. Bake for 35 minutes in 350-degree oven. Fry wings until crispy and golden brown, drain and toss with garlic infused olive-oil and remaining garlic powder.