If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warming and spicy flavors of preserved lemon and harissa infusing the chicken and the fennel. The fennel is melting soft and caramelized and the chicken moist and flavorful. —Natasha Haimovich
- 1 Preserved lemon
- 2 teaspoons Harissa
- 6 Chicken thighs with the bone
- 3 Fennel
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 6 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Slice the preserved lemon into small bite size pieces and place in a large roasting pan with the chicken thigh. Add the harissa and mix well. It will start to marinate the chicken.
- Slice the fennel lengthways into quarters and place in the roasting pan.
- Add garlic,l emon zest, lemon juice, spices and olive oil and mix together with all the rest of the ingredients.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter the cilantro on top.
- Serve over Israeli couscous cooked like pasta