If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 6 ingredients, 5 minutes of active work, and minimal time make this delicious curry a must have in your recipe arsenal. —DoaaE
- 1 cup Yellow Split Peas
- 2 Large shallots, roughly chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons Malaysian Curry Powder (like Spicetreeorganics.com's)
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sambal (optional)
- 1/4 cup mild oil or ghee
- Place lentils in a pan and cover well with water. Bring to the boil, skimming surface to remove scum. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until lentils are soft.
- While the lentils are cooking, in a food processor, purée the chopped tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and sambal (if using). Add salt to taste.
- Heat ghee or oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add tomato mixture and cook for 2 minutes, then add Malaysian Curry powder (I like Spice Tree Organics' blend) and stir for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add coconut milk and the lentils, and stir to combine. Cook for 10-15 minutes, then season with salt. Add more water, if a thinner dhal is desired. Serve with roti and enjoy!