If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect party snack, these deviled eggs have an irresistible tang, and the crunch from the Grana Padano frico takes them to the next level. —Gather with Grana
Makes 16 halves
For the Frico
- 1 cup shredded Grana Padano
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix Grana Padano, lemon zest and thyme in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer a heaping spoonful of the cheese mixture onto an upside-down cookie sheet with topped with parchment paper and gently spread into a thin, even circle. Repeat, leaving about 1/2 inch between each circle.
- Bake 4-5 minutes, watching carefully, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer parchment sheet onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely and break into 1-inch pieces.
For the Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (can sub sour cream or plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Grana Padano
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add eggs to boiling water, one at a time, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain hot water from pot and run cold water over eggs for 3-5 minutes until cool.
- Peel eggs and slice in half.
- Gently pop or scoop yolks into a small mixing bowl and transfer whites, hole-side up to a plate. For perfect whites, dunk them in cold water before plating to remove any excess yolk.
- Whisk mayo, creme fraiche, mustard, Grana Padano, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and thyme into egg yolks until creamy.
- Transfer yolk mixture into pipping bag or gallon ziplock bag and trim end or corner the width of your pinky finger.
- Pipe yolk mixture evenly into the pocket of each egg white.
- Top each egg half with a frico piece.