If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mixing grated Grana Padano into the crepe batter creates a caramelized cheesy crust on the outside of the crepe, without having to take the additional step to brûlée cheese after filling and rolling. The savory stuffing makes for a filling, satisfying and nutritious breakfast. —Gather with Grana
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 onions, cut into thin half moons
- 1 handful head kale, de-stemmed and chiffonad (thinly sliced)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Grana Padano (divided)
- Combine all crepe batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Let batter stand 20 mins- 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight and pull out 10-15 minutes before use.
- For the filling, heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil over medium-low heat and add onions, cooking until soft and deep golden-brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté kale in remaining olive oil until wilted but still vibrant green, about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and add to a cold pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Turn the heat to medium low and scramble continuously with spatula or chop sticks until small curdles form and eggs are softly cooked.
- To cook crepes, melt remaining butter and set aside in small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush 8-inch, non-stick skillet heated over medium-high flame with some of the butter.
- Add 1/4 cup batter with measuring cup or ladle swiftly to the pan, swirling off the heat in a counter-clockwise direction until batter fills the bottom of the pan in a thin, even layer.
- Return to heat, cooking until bottom is set, but batter on top is still slightly wet, then sprinkle some of the Grana Padano cheese on top cooking for one minute until cheese sticks to batter. Flip over, cooking until golden brown.
- Transfer crepe to a plate, and continue cooking crepes until batter is used up.
- Fill the center of each crepe with a spoonful of each of the onions, kale and eggs, and fold two ends in, like you're wrapping a burrito. Roll the third end so that the crepe is taught around the filling. Repeat with each crepe and serve.