If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While you can make this bread bowl in a circle for any occasion, shaping it like a football adds the perfect centerpiece to your Big Game spread. —Gather with Grana
- 12 ounces favorite pizza dough recipe, cut in thirds
- 1 1/2 cups de-stemmed and finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup drained canned or jarred artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out one of the dough balls until about 1/8 inch thick and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Roll the other two dough balls into long snakes, about 1 inch in diameter, and place on top of the rolled out dough on cookie sheet, pinching at both sides to make a hallowed-out football shape.
- Cut excess dough from the bottom layer and set aside. Gently pinch to seal the bottom layer and the football sides all the way around.
- Cut remaining dough into one 4-inch by 1/4-inch strip and four 1-inch 1/4-inch strips for the laces.
- Brush egg over top and outside of football bowl and bake until just starting to brown (about 10 minutes). Save a little bit of the egg wash to brunch on laces as well.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, combine kale, artichoke, cheeses, milk, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and salt and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until bubbly and melted.
- Pour filling into center of football, top with egg-washed laces and continue baking until bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Pull and serve with additional bread or crackers of choice.