If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
A healthy and tasty way to prepare fish and vegetables in their own juices flavored with spices . This is one of my favorite ways of cooking fish, especially when I'm looking for a healthy alternative. When you bake fish and vegetables in parchment, you are steaming them in their own juices. It preserves nutrients and requires little added fat. This kind of cooking creates maximum flavors because all the aromas are sealed in along with moisture, as the food cooks. The natural juices of the of the fish and vegetables do the actual work of cooking by creating steam. It is an easy technique to cook fish and within minutes you have a scrumptious fantastic tasting meal. You can use any white fish or vegetables of your choice. Thin filets like sole cook in 15 minutes. For thicker cuts, add 5 minutes for every ½ inch of thickness. I —Gerlinde de Broekert
- 2 pieces Swordfish (7 ounces each)
- ½ cups roughly chopped olives
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ pounds green beans , washed and cleaned
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4-6 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. preheat the baking sheet in the oven. In a bowl , mix the tomatoes , olives, capers , parsley. lemon zest, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 2 sheets of parchment paper 14x15 inches each. Spray each center of the paper with cooking oil. Place ½ of the green beans in the center , then top with 2-3 anchovy filets. Season the fish with salt and pepper and put it on top of the anchovies. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Nestle the seasoned vegetables around the fish.
- To close, fold parchment pieces over each serving and make small overlapping pleats to seal the packages above and on the open sides. Arrange the packages on a baking sheet and place in the center of the hot oven. Bake for 20 minutes more or less, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily in the center. I cooked my swordfish for 25 minutes and it was perfect. My fish was very thick and had a bone. Serve a packet per dinner plate and cut open at the table, remove the paper. Serve with rice or crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe