If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 6 ingredients, 5 minutes of active work, and minimal time make this delicious curry a must have in your recipe arsenal. —DoaaE
- 1 cup Yellow Split Peas
- 2 Large shallots, roughly chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons Malaysian Curry powder (Like Spice Tree Organics')
- 1/2-3/4 cups Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil
- Place lentils in a pan and cover well with water. Bring to the boil, skimming surface to remove scum. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until lentils are soft.
- While the lentils are cooking, in a food processor, purée the chopped tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and sambal (if using). Add salt to taste.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the puree, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Malaysian Curry blend, stir, and cook for a minute, or until fragrant. Add the cooked lentils and coconut milk (use more or less depending on how thick you want your lentils), simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with roti and enjoy!