If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my sisters lived in Italy for a few years, and rhapsodized about a raw, fresh tomato sauce. I cobbled this together from her description. It's customizable to some degree, and is vegan when served without dairy cheese (though cashew "parmesan" goes well). —louisez
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and cut in dice
- 12 basil leaves, torn in pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed (optional)
- 1 small bunch baby spinach, chopped (optional)
- parmesan, for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, browned and cooled, for serving (optional)
- 1 pound pasta
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, basil, salt and pepper, and spinach. Let hang out for a few hours. Remove and discard garlic before proceeding.
- Cook and drain pasta. Toss with tomato mixture and mozzarella. Serve topped with parmesan and pine nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe
More Great Recipes: