If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is salty, sweet and fruity… a combination I wasn’t sure I would be into for a dessert, but it turns out I’m a huge fan. I hope you are, too! —My Stir Crazy Kitchen
Serves 12 slices
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For Apple Topping
- 2 large apples (granny smith and/or apple of choice)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray (or butter).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- With a mixer (on medium), cream the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Add eggs (individually) and the vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Toss the sliced apples until coated. Arrange apple slices on top of batter in desired configuration.
- Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with powdered sugar or whipped cream.