Author Notes: One of my most popular recipes is the Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers recipe. It’s a match made in heaven — pairing steak and cheese, onions and mushrooms with peppers.
Tip: Use thinly sliced steak or roast beef sliced in strips. —My Stir Crazy Kitchen
oz beef thinly sliced
slices provolone cheese
large green bell peppers halved
medium sweet onion sliced
oz baby belle mushrooms sliced
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds.
- Place peppers in the oven to soften for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a large saute' pan over medium heat. Cook the sliced beef stirring frequently, until browned. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, onions and salt and pepper to the pan and cook over low-medium heat until tender.
- Add the beef to the onion & mushroom mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of cheese and fill with the meat mixture and top with another slice of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown. Broil for final 2 minutes to get the cheese to bubble.