If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go to, easy peasy, comfort food recipe! It is so easy, prep it and leave it, stovetop, oven or crock pot. Best of all y’all! 3 ingridients, it feeds a crowd, and, very cheap to make! I like to serve it with fresh Italian or Chibatta Bread, and it’s even more indulgent with Garlic Cheesy Bread —Cassie Mundy
- 3 pounds Boneless Spare Ribs
- 3 bunches Collard Greens (size will vary)
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- In a large soup pot (I use my large Dutch Oven) add the Spare Ribs and deveined Collard Greens. Fill with water. Add salt. Cook until greens are tinder. If you over cook the greens, they will be mushy. But, some folks like them that way. Also, you can prep the greens however you like. If your family eats the vein, then all you have to do is WASH and prep them however you like! They WILL COOK DOWN, a lot, like spinach. So when your big pot is filled to the gills with greens, and you think you can’t fit any more, or you have to much! Rest easy! That is exactly why I recommend a large soup pot or large Dutch Oven!”. You can also brown the meat if you like! The fat can be reduced by cooling overnight, and removing what has collected on top. Just reheat and serve, it always seems better the second day!
- This recipe is so easy, delicious, and cost effective. I like to serve it with my home made, Baked Macaroni N Cheese. But that’s a family recipe! Y’all can’t have that one! LOL 😉
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe