If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This THE go-to recipe for my family and our relatives for when friends and family come over. It's technically a no-brainer when we invite people over and need to figure out what to cook. It's super easy and scrumptious, which all of the best recipes are. Basically, you just throw 4 simple ingredients into a bag or container with the chicken, wait overnight, and let the marinade do the magic. It's called "halfsies" because all the ingredients are half of a regular measurement. Half a cup, half a tablespoon, et cetera—see? Super easy to remember, too!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Place chicken in a plastic bag or large bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the bag/bowl and use your hands to disperse the sugar-salt mixture evenly between chicken.
- Leave in the refrigerator 10 to 20 hours. Halfway through take the bag and toss it around to evenly marinate.
- Prepare a grill over medium heat. Take chicken out of bag/bowl and place on grill. Grill chicken thighs until cooked through and golden brown, turning over halfway through—about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe