If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy, tasty and filling, this is a breakfast that you can make ahead and dive into when time is not on your side. It will keep in the fridge (covered) for a week so all you need do in the morning (or whenever!) is just take a good scoop from the dish and heat it through in the oven or microwave before digging in. It is also delicious cold as a flapjack-style snack. Experiment with whatever fruits are in season (or lurking in the fruit bowl looking a little ‘tired’). —Fiona Kirk
Makes 6 portions
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 180 grams Rough Cut Oats
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 60 grams Nuts of Choice, roughly chopped
- 60 grams Unsweeted, Shedded Coconut
- 300 grams Fresh or Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup or Runny Honey
- 350 milliliters Cow's, Almond or Oat Milk
- Natural Greek-Style Yoghurt to Serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Put the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nuts, coconut, berries and coconut oil (melt it quickly in a small pan first) in a large bowl and stir gently until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the whisked egg, maple syrup or honey and milk and keep stirring until everything is well-combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish, lightly smooth the surface and place in the middle of the oven and bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. If it is still slightly runny, give it another 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before serving with the yoghurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe