If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy, fragrant, and dyed a pretty pink color thanks to the addition of beets, this hummus recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy (and vegan to boot)!
Recipe courtesy of The Hummus & Pita Co., a Mediterranean fast-casual concept serving fresh, healthy fare from across the Mediterranean region. —The Hummus and Pita Co.
Serves 16 (4oz per serving)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked red beets
- 1 1/2 cups tahina (sesame butter)
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate to store.