If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great dish for when you need practical and easy, but also want hearty and exotic. Plus, mostly everything is already in your pantry! —Sarah
- 4 Chicken thighs, bone-in
- 2" pieces Ginger, grated
- 4 Cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 Large sweet potatoes, cut into medium cubes
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 Small red chili, cut into rings
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- In a large (not shallow) pan, toss chicken with ginger, garlic, curry powder, and olive oil. Let marinate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In the same pan as the marinated chicken, add the sweet potatoes and onions, toss everything together and spread out. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out the dish from the oven, pour the coconut milk and drained chickpeas over the pan, sprinkle the chili rings, stir slightly to combine. Roast an additional 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe
More Great Recipes: