If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a limited-time only, Eataly NYC is housing specific products from the Calabrian region of Italy. With over 80 products hitting shelves – ranging from crusty artisanal bread to peppery olive oil – these regional specialties promise to transport Eataly visitors to Calabria with each taste.
Located at southernmost tip of Italy, Calabria is an ancient, mountainous region stretched between the Ionian and Tyrrhenian seas. This biodiversity has led to a rich and rustic cuisine, which Eataly will feature across with restaurant specials, educational tastings, and more.
Check out the products at Eataly NYC now and then follow these instructions to make your traditional Calabrian recipe at home. —Staff Writer
- 500 grams pasta
- 150 grams 'nduja (spreadable spicy salami)
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 250 grams soft bread
- 1 parsley
- 50 milliliters milk
- 3 yellow peppers
- 1 small boiled potatoes
- Cook the peppers in a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil, add salt to taste
- Once they are cooked, place in a rather larger container, add the boiled potato and 50 ml of milk,
- Blend with an immersion blender unit it becomes creamy,
- This sauce will be used on the bottom of the dish,
- Put the soft bread, the garlic clove without the core, the parsley and a dash of extra virgin olive oil in a blender,
- Then spread the mixture in a pan and bake for 7-8 minutes at 150 degrees unit it is crispy.
- To prepare the seasoning of the pasta, add a dash of extra virgin olive oil to the pan and a very fine mirepoix of vegetables (celery, carrot, and onion)
- Once it is sautéed, add the ‘nduja and turn off the heat, continuing to mix the sauce.
- Toss the pasta into salted boiling water
- When it is cooked, drain it keep a ladle of pasta water aside, and add to the sauce.
- At that point, saute in the pan adding the ladle of pasta water
- Plate the pasta adding the cream of peppers as the base, gently resting a portion of pasta on top and finish by adding the crispy tasty bread