Author Notes: Your favorite homemade side dish with a dairy free makeover. —Alexa Federico
pound yellow potatoes
teaspoons sea salt
tablespoons stock or broth
tablespoon dairy free milk
teaspoon garlic powder
chives or scallions
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop the chives or scallions if using.
- Once the potatoes can be pierced with a fork, drain the water but using the same pot, add the liquids a little at a time, mashing and combining as you go. Add the seasonings and more sea salt, if desired.
- Add the mashed potatoes to a bowl and garnish or mix in the chives/scallions if using.