Author Notes: A match made in my kitchen... —nykavi
pound Sausage with fennel and garlic
tablespoons Olive Oil
large Fennel bulb
teaspoon Fennel seeds
teaspoon Coriander seeds
teaspoon Kosher Salt
In This Recipe
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick saucepan. Add the entire sausage swirl to pan. Sauté on both sides till deep brown and well seared. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into bite size pieces.
- Cut fennel in half and remove the hard core. Slice thickly. Save fronds for garnishing.
- Fennel and coriander seeds are to be ground in a spice grinder to a coarse powder.
- Add remaining oil to the saucepan and place over high heat. Fry fennel slices till soft and golden brown.
- Add sausage to pan. Scatter fennel coriander powder, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper over sausage. Sauté over high heat for a few minutes.
- Mound on a platter. Garnish with fennel fronds and dig in.