If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lots of feel-goodness from kale. But enough kiwi (and pineapple!) to not feel like you're drinking a salad. —Emma Laperruque
Food52 Review: Featured in: Smooth the Morning Rush with Smoothie Kits —The Editors
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 kiwi, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup Tuscan kale (packed!)
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple
- Pinky's worth fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup kefir (or plain yogurt, diluted with water), plus more as needed
- Make your smoothie kit. Combine the kiwi, kale, pineapple, and ginger in a small plastic bag. Freeze for at least 8 hours or up to several weeks.
- When you're smoothie-ready, add half the kefir to the blender, then the smoothie kit. Pulse until as smooth as possible, scraping every so often. Add the rest of the liquid and blend until smooth, supplementing with more kefir if necessary.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!