If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Versatile, easy, recipe a friend gave me. It can be changed up with different additions... she made orange with dried cranberry, which I tried...delicious! I’ve made dark chocolate chips with orange rind, which are amazing. Next I’m doing toasted almonds with orange rind. Savory would be interesting. Have fun creating your signature addition. —BerryBaby
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated orange rind
- 1 Stick cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2/3 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange rind grated
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- Prepare baking sheet line with parchment paper. Oven: 400 degrees Batter: Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Cut butter in small pieces; toss with dry ingredients
- Place mixture in food processor and pulse until butter/flour look like meal.
- Place back in mixing bowl, add orange rind, toss until blended.
- Scoop 1/3 c. Mounds of Mixture onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes. 400 degree oven
- Remove from oven, cool completely
- Icing: sift one cup powdered sugar
- Add orange rind and milk. Hand beat until smooth.
- Drizzle over scones.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins