If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick and tasty recipe for a warming chili. I have cooked this on a Thursday evening, after a busy day at work. Put everything to simmer, then gone to do my laundry duties. Served with brown rice and a generous squeeze of fresh lime. You can combine with any leftover vegetables, I just happened to have none in the fridge. —jwu
- 1/2 cup multicolored quinoa
- 1/2 cup red split lentils
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans (I used canned)
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Stalk of celery
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can diced tomatos in juice
- 1 can measurement of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 20 grams (one square) >70% cocoa dark chocolate
- salt, pepper and jalapeño/chipotle peppers to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil for sauteeing
- lime wedges
- avocado, to serve
- Rinse quinoa and lentils, reserve. Rinse beans, reserve.
- Chop onion and celery.
- Add oil to a pan, and sauté the onions, celery and bayleaf until fragrant.
- Add all the reserved lentils and quinoa, as well as all the spices. Mix well
- Add diced tomatoes and water. Bring to boil and add beans. Let it simmer for 20-30min.
- Adjust seasoning and add the chocolate. Take off the heat and mix well to combine.
- Serve with brown rice, avocado, and a generous squeeze of lime.