If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty and savory soup with cubed chicken breast, kale, Yukon potatoes in a creamy broth and topped off with turkey bacon. —Dash of Amy
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1 bunch organic kale, cleaned and torn in pieces
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian blend
- 1/2 Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 pieces cooked turkey bacon
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat, and add olive oil and onion. Cook about 3 minutes until onion softens.
- Add butter and flour and mix well until it forms a paste.
- Add broth and cream and bring to a boil mixing constantly to avoid clumps.
- Once it boils, add the potatoes and cook about 5-7 minutes until they are fork tender.
- Add the kale and chicken, mix well and retain a light boil.
- Add all the seasonings and cook 5-7 more minutes until chicken is cooked through and kale is soft.
- Sprinkle each individual serving with shredded, or finely chopped turkey bacon.